Monday, November 28, 2005

Stupid fairy and Dear Nitish

The modern day bollywood is finally making a movie on the eternal Love of Sanjukta and Prithviraj Chauhan. Finally people would pronounce my name properly... I remember having read their love story when I was 6 or 7, in an Amar Chitra Katha comic. Can't remember much now just this bit, that this guy prithviraj was a King and he was in love with this girl Sanjukta. At 6 it wasn't really my fault if I thought that girl was me. So this king wanted to marry her. Ofcourse marry, TP dating, flirting, living in and stuffs weren't known at that time of the historical clock. As always some panga happened and their marriage didn't appear to be a easy job. Then this guy decided to abduct Sanjukta on her wedding day of course she had already given her consent to the plan.

I still remember the scene, which my mind had visualised at that age.....Sanjukta was probably standing at a palace gate or something, prithvijraj was on his horse, sword in one hand, the mighty horse running at a speed faster than wind...heading right at her direction, he comes close by and lifts Sanjukta with the other hand puts her on the horse and they elope....they must have lived happily ever after. I don't know but they must have.

Mom why did you buy the comic for me. And why did you have to name me Sanjukta. Do you realize what have you done to your daughter. This stupid girl still cannot accept that its just her name that's similar.

Stupid fairy and her stupid tales.............
___________________________________________________

Dear Nitish
Say, are we gonna see a new day
Please Nitish
when there's a will there's a way


‘Shreshtha Purush’– Rama
Valmiki,
Prince Gautam and his enlightenment,
Mahavira and Nirvana
Kautilya and Arth Shastra
Moder art of State Craft
Ashoka and Eternal truth – Dharma
Amrapali and Sarvottam Nari – Sita
Civil Disobedience Movement

All born out of the same womb....Mother Bihar

They say History Repeats itself.

Will it, Nitish?
Has the day come
Can we get back the warmth of our mother's lap
We the sons and daughters of Bihar
Can we stop evacuating
Can we have civilization restored
Lots of hope on you
You the people’s representative
15 years is all it took

How long is it gonna take you?

3 comments:

Y said...

Your post explains the second part in your 'about me' section. Nice post and thanks for your comments.

insane said...

nice post..so strange when we are children we like these fairy tales..and when we grow up..we find some of them silly..humanmind is complex !!

JO said...

Oh gosh Amar Chitra katha. Ho I used to read then and Diamond Comics, hide them in my books and get caught in school and asked to stand on a desk. ;)